The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) was setup in 1945 with the mission and vision of creating a high degree of awareness on health and safety among the Britons, especially those associated with the job of securing health and safety at the workplaces. Today, it has spread its wings to more than 100 countries thus totalling a whopping membership of 43,000 plus and still counting.
Key areas of IOSH training Cambridgeshire:
- Impeccable learning opportunity: Learning opportunities at the IOSH training Cambridge are huge as experienced by the people who attended this. You are taken through a brief introduction on why the course is important for you right in the beginning. This, in turn, sets the ball rolling for you as a participant there. After all, a clear statement of the purpose of the course sets your expectations right. At the same time, you learn about the bindings of the law on health and safety aspects at the workplace alongside the systems and processes to be implemented there. For instance, you learn about RIDDOR (Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013). You will, have a fulfilling experience in the end.
- Improving health and safety standards at the workplace: You get to learn here how to assess your present health and safety standards at the workplace. You also learn about the types of risks at your workplace and its' impact on the productivity and general well being of the workers. In fact, you can devise corrective measures on time for averting any untoward incident at the workplace in the present and in the future.
- Short duration: The duration of such a course is just 4 days. It means you can join the course at any point of your career as a health and safety professional.
- Open to all: Health and safety professional of all ages can join this course irrespective of one's official status. For instance, this course is open to the people starting from the level of a manager to the level of safety representative of any organisation.
- Learning sessions bespoke to one's need: Institutes that conduct such courses usually come up with many sessions in a year spread over the 12 months. It means you can join the course befitting your time and season of the year. In short, the course is designed to delight you from the point of view of an individual or an organisation.
- Classroom training and project work: Participants of this course are given with the IOSH workbooks. This, in other words, means a pure learning opportunity through classroom training and the project works is available here.
- Assessment and certification: Last but not the least is that the course ends with a written test and certificate to the participants based on their performance in the test.
You will be happy to know that IOSH has accredited courses in 35 universities befitting the needs of its members. Therefore, the IOSH training Cambridge can be seen as a line extension of the services from IOSH.